On 04/16/2013 01:02 PM, Share Long wrote:
> noozguru when I get to the Dome the ones there seem to be meditating already.
>  The sleepers tend to be the ones rushing in from work at the last minute.
> If I haven't slept well the night before, or eaten sugar, I can need a 20-30
> minute nap before the Dome.  It does make the difference between an alert or
> sleepy experience.

Many of the folks who needed a nap before evening program worked
stressful office jobs (probably to pay off their Sidhis course).

> As for Americans preferring the vata pacifying tastes sweet salty unctious,
> written in thread about ques vegetarians are tired of, I'd say it makes sense
> given how vata deranging our culture is.  Maybe that also explains why people
> in less frantic cultures like spicy food?

Pungent foods are often explained as helping to keep parasites out the
system.  I actually had to order out of the back of menus in India.  The
back pages offered Chinese food.

> from latest post about eating carbs to keep serotonin levels up:  do you eat
> rice and bread too?  Don't fats help with serotonin levels?  Are carbs good
> for slow or fast metabolism?

Rice and bread.  And popcorn! It's mainly refined carbs that might put
weight on me.  But then it's also a slow metabolism that will put weight
on me.

> I googled NLP 10 pound period but got no good info.  What is that?

Listen to Obama speak.  Notice how strongly he emphasizes the end of his
sentences.  NLP is neuro linguistic programming.  The emphasis is very
annoying and I know he is conscious of the effect it will have on most
people except those of us who know what is going on.