Gitmo Is Killing Me
By SAMIR NAJI al HASAN MOQBEL

GUANTÁNAMO BAY, Cuba

ONE man here weighs just 77 pounds. Another, 98. Last thing I knew, I weighed
132, but that was a month ago.

I've been on a hunger strike since Feb. 10 and have lost well over 30 pounds. I
will not eat until they restore my dignity.

I've been detained at Guantánamo for 11 years and three months. I have never
been charged with any crime. I have never received a trial.

I could have been home years ago — no one seriously thinks I am a threat — but
still I am here. Years ago the military said I was a "guard" for Osama bin
Laden, but this was nonsense, like something out of the American movies I used
to watch. They don't even seem to believe it anymore. But they don't seem to
care how long I sit here, either.

More:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/opinion/hunger-striking-at-guantanamo-bay.html