Well Edg - I am sure the evil Hindus were referring to Jupiter as the King
of the planets with reference to Jyotish/astrology.

I definitely consider Jupiter as very important part of the horoscope
because it indicates the creative intelligence. It's called Guru - inner
guide, it's basis - ether or the heavens - hence one's creative
intelligence. It naturally rules Sagittarius and Pisces, 9th & 12th - the
last of the fire/water trines - indicating - dharma/moksha - the pinnacle
of one'sinner, outer search and their expression. So based upon the sign,
house Jupiter is in, it's relation to other planets one can come to very
good conclusions on how this creative intelligence manifests, expresses
itself through the individual and in which areas of life - specifially the
four ayanas of life Hindus define - dharma, artha, kama, moksha.

That's all I have as a quick summary.