> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@ <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Your bet would lose. Excellent article just published
> > in the NYT, detailing the firefight these two complete
> > assholes were in with the police, including their use
> > of grenades.
>
> Ahem. My bet seems to have been lost re this incident
> being related to the Marathon bombings. There was no
> mention of "grenades" in the article. You made that up.
>
> > The cops have caught one asshole.
>
> Killed, you meant, unless you are confusing still-in-
> progress stories or making up more stuff.
>
> > The other one charged the police in his SUV, and got
> > away. He is now surrounded, though still in a large
> > area.
>
> There is no mention of him being "surrounded" in the
> NYT article. Either you're confusing different panicky
> media reports, or you made this up, too.
>
> > Hope he doesn't make it out alive.
>
> Ah, there's that "enlightened compassion" we know
> so well.  :-)
>
> > I would really like it to get into these lunatics'
> > heads, all of them, that they should use the gun
> > on themselves, first.
>
> More of it. :-)
>
> My main point stands, which was about John's title
> for this thread. THAT is a purely American thing,
> and IMO not a healthy one. You allow both terrorists
> *and* your media to terrorize you. If an incident
> such as this bombing and subsequent localized fire-
> fight happened in France or the Netherlands, no one
> would panic, everyone would go on about their lives,
> and no one would declare that a whole city was
> "under terrorist attack."
>
> THAT is allowing any terrorist -- home-grown or
> imported -- to WIN.

Who is interested, desperately, in winning this little discussion here Barry?
My God, just admit it - you were wrong. The only reason anybody, including me,
is ribbing you about it is because we know what a lousy sport you are and how
you just can't ever quite admit that you are off base or wrong. Get over it,
man. This whole discussion is of such paltry significance you would have been
much better proving the Doc, or at least me, wrong by laughing at yourself just
this once. Instead you insult Jim and go off on some tangent about how
different Europe would be in its response to terrorist acts than those dumb
shit Americans. Get a grip.