--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > Well, she passed a lie detector test. She had copies of signed
cc
> > > receipts.
> > >
> > >  He hired a "take no prisoners" lawyer.  He (via lawyer)
refused lie
> > > detector test.
> > >
> > > I dunno. Who would you believe?
> > >
> > > I don't feel a need to hold a firm opinion one way or another.
> > >
> > > For me though, this is more smoke -- which sometimes IS
indicative of
> > > a fire.
> >
> > The police dropped the case when it was proven that Chopra was in
> > Europe the day the lady said the event took place.
>
> He was in europe when ALL three events the lady said took place
occurred?

> The police were involved?

As I vaguely recall, the police may have been
enlisted to investigate the truth of the woman's
claim.  There was no criminal case against Chopra;
Chopra was suing the magazine that made the
accusation.  When he proved he wasn't in the country,
the magazine agreed to a settlement involving a
retraction and an apology (I don't think any money
was involved).  That was the "case" that was dropped.