--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Barry,
> >
> > You seem to forget the situation in Paris and anywhere else in France.
> > Recently, there have been unrest and riots in Paris for many reasons,
> > including those perpetrated by terrorists.  I don't believe you're  any
> > safer over there than here in the USA.
>
> John, I think Barry is probably not arguing that France or Europe in general
> is safer than the US, just that if they bombed the Eiffel Tower and 200
> people were injured and three killed they wouldn't whine about it like the
> Americans. They would simply take a drag on their Gauloises and tuck their
> bottle of table wine a little tighter under their arm thinking what a small
> inconvenience it all was.

Ann,

The French have a reputation to keep and to present Paris the way it is.  It's
not good business to scare away the Americans from visiting their capital city.
 If you fly in to the airport, you'll be impressed of the high tech
architecture and decor.  But you'll also notice that they have policemen
patrolling the area with Uzzis and semi-automatic guns.  In short, Barry is
full of BS.

JR