--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> About The FFL anti-meditation terrorism,

Buck, nobody on FFL is stopping anyone on this forum from meditation who wants
to meditate. There are those that feel that prospective meditators would be
better served by having a larger range of facts (and in some cases fantasies)
to chose from when making a decision. There are some who do not understand what
meditation can do, and some who overstate what meditation can do. It is a tool
for a particular task. The task is to experience reality unvarnished as is
possible. As reality is all there is, this would seem to be a very peculiar
task, trying to find what is in fact the only thing that is. Because most have
a bee in their bonnet, there is a distractive element in our lives that
meditation is an aid for ameliorating.

> (FAIRFIELD)-- The former meditators come from broken families of meditation,

Well the TMO and Fairfield are in certain ways broken communities now. As
people mature they find the simplistic ideal society model of life slightly
inaccurate when applied to living. In their awareness everything may be ideal
society, but the average joe on the street would find the concept as applied to
say the city of Fairfield, IA to be appallingly short of the mark, if all
details be made known.

...and the remaining elder meditator speaking resplendent in meditative light
and spiritual triumph having survived many years of organizational tumult along
the way...

Sounds as if this guy is up on a pedestal, a top down manager, who probably has
no idea what the average meditator is going through.

...said "..these former meditators brought shame to the meditating family". The
 former meditators were last seen meditating with the group in December 2005
and 1978 respectively.

Shame is the emotion experienced by an ego with low self-esteem; if this elder
is experiencing this, or attempting to get others to experience life this way,
he/she has no business being an elder, or being any kind of an instructor for
the benefit of life. The elder would serve best by guiding people strong,
independent, and wise

> "You put a shame on our entire family -- the meditating family -- and you put
> a shame on the entire meditating community," The community meditation Elder
> said.

As I said, this elder is clueless, trying to berate people instead of lifting
them up.

> When asked what provoked the anti-meditation suspects, the elder meditator
> stated: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves --
> these are the only reasons I can imagine"."

Weak imagination too. Whoever this elder is, the elder should be sacked.