Sure Ann.  And perhaps my final comment,  why not just stick with what a
person says,  and thereby stay on same ground.  Once you deviate from
what a person says, then you open yourself to different interpretations.
It seems pretty simple to me.  The only reason to change an actual quote
would be to try to skew it in some way.
And let's be real about it.  Legal documents are written in such a way
so as to remove any ambiguities.  And if someone touts themselves as a
high arbiter of truthfulness, then that is what I'd expect.  And yes, in
case you're wondering, I find Judy to fall well short of that goal both
in spirit and practice.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" steve.sundur@
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" wrote:
> >
> > > Come on Steve, at least concede this point. You only look silly
not to
> > admit that it follows if someone said they had been "psychologically
> > raped" by X then it follows that the accuser is saying X is a
> > psychological rapist. To deny this is so makes it appear you either
> > don't know that 1+1=2 or that you have no degree of rational,
logical
> > reasoning or that in your efforts to defend someone you are willing
> > look like a fool.
> >

> > Think about who we are dealing with Ann.  Ms. Editor, Ms. Corrector,
the
> > person who insists on exactness, but who is willing to (attempt, at
> > least) spin any situation to try to prove a point.  Share did not
say
> > those words.  Judy puts those words in quotes as though she did.  To
me
> > there is a subtle difference between feeling that one was
> > "psychologically raped", and calling someone a "psychological
rapist"
> > Of course your mileage may vary.  That is fine.
> >
> > Certainly Judy, (and perhaps this is your take), feels that
techincally
> > there is no difference.  I just see it differently.
>
> Let me just say this, because I am getting mighty tired of this
subject, so I say it as a general point; a point I would be making no
matter who we were talking about here. There is no leap of faith, there
is no reason to bicker over small semantics in this case. It is not a
huge stretch, or even a stretch at all, for someone to make the very
rational step from saying "I felt psychologically raped" to saying "The
person who got into my mind in a way that made me feel psychologically
raped is a psychological rapist." Although you wouldn't actually say
that because it is a corollary that naturally follows so you would look
like a twit actually using a sentence like that which proves redundant.
At this point I am through with this subject because not only do I not
actually care whether Share or anyone else does what I think she could
and probably should do but there has been so much 'press' already on
this subject that it is becoming, for me, very tiresome with very little
result in the way of admission/apology/personal responsibility taken on
the 'rape' statement. Everything but has been spoken about and there has
been endless beating around the proverbial bush. The mere fact that you
or Share will not take the actual words and just ADMIT what she meant AT
THE TIME was exactly what I think (and it appears Judy does as well) she
meant means you both think it was a terrible thing to say so you are
avoiding it like the plague.

> Still, we are all free agents here and as of this moment I am
officially moving on from the rape subject. That does not mean to say I
am moving on from the truth subject as it may or may not rear its
beautiful head.

> On another note, your admission of having gotten the Monsanto subject
wrong was a big thing to do in my opinion and although it is a normal
thing to be able to admit (I was wrong) it is relatively rare to see it
here.