Well, I really couldn't let this one pass without comment.

As Barry has stated a time or two, it never ceases to amaze how true believers
will make excuses for the guru's bullshit no matter what they do. And as I have
said it is because somewhere in the recesses of their minds they identify
themselves with the enlightened state via their association with the guru and
their fabulous teachings - in other words, if they accept that the guru is a
flawed human being and even a criminal then their own self identity begins to
crumble.

I personally find it to be the height of arrogance to believe that Marshy was
head and shoulders above any and all other spiritual teachers, including the
ones from India.

The flaw in your premise srijau, is that you believe that Marshy was
enlightened - can't blame Marshy for that since to my knowledge he never said
he was, blame that on everyone's gullibility and willingness to assume facts
not in evidence.

And to paraphrase your last statement, it should be apparent to any intelligent
person who can think clearly that what Marshy gave the world was a good old
fashioned screwing - I will give him this, he was the most successful con
artist of the 20th century.

And any intelligent person should be able to see from the governmental
dysfunction that exists world wide and the carnage and destruction that exists
worldwide militarily, economically and pollution-wise that TM and especially
yogic flying have not done a damn thing to make the world better, unless you
want to fall back on the ridiculous argument of "Awww, no tellin' how bad off
we would be if we hadn't had some TMSP all these years!"