--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > Russell Brand was a heroin addict who credits TM with helping him to turn
> > his life around.>
>
> He claims to be drug free and sober for 10 years, when did he start TM?

I don't know when he started TM, but this is what he says (from a 2011 New York
Times article about what he owes to it). It's a pretty strong endorsement:

RUSSELL BRAND, the lanky British comedian, has made a career of his outrageous
antics. While a host at MTV UK, he went to work dressed up as Osama bin Laden.
At the network's annual music awards, he likened Britney Spears to a "female
Christ." And he was fired from the BBC after leaving raunchy messages on the
voice mail of a 78-year-old actor, a comic bit that even his country's
then-prime minister felt compelled to denounce.
It is jarring then, to say the least, to hear Mr. Brand, 35, speaking
passionately and sincerely about the emotional solace he has found in
Transcendental Meditation, or TM. Yet there he was in December, onstage at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art (as his new wife, the pop singer Katy Perry, waited
backstage), describing how TM has helped him repair his psychic wounds.
"Transcendental Meditation has been incredibly valuable to me both in my
recovery as a drug addict and in my personal life, my marriage, my professional
life," Mr. Brand said of the technique that prescribes two 15- to 20-minute
sessions a day of silently repeating a one-to-three syllable mantra, so that
practitioners can access a state of what is known as transcendental
consciousness. "I literally had an idea drop into my brain the other day while
I was meditating which I think is worth millions of dollars."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/20/fashion/20TM.html?_r=0