Share, Share, Share.....I hesitate to weigh in here, but if you think the post
below by Curtis is an example of his "fine writing" I don't know what to tell
you.  This is just a comment from him supporting an "us and them"
interpretation on your part, which you are apparently loving as it supports an
approach you've used over and over - indicating very black and white thinking,
IMHO.  Curtis can and has put forth some fine writing, no doubt, but this is
not it.

It's not about Robin Share - it's about you.  It's not about Robin's
"supporters" (us and them again), it's about what you said and encouraging you
to examine why you used a term that you still have yet to define in a way that
supports your continued use of the term or what you posted at the time in
question.  Curiously, and I continue to ask this of you, although I know you
aren't going to do it, can you post a definition of the term that correctly
reflects how you were actually feeling initially and how you were feeling after
your experience with Robin settled in more definitively - a few weeks later?

You now say  you were experiencing a "range of emotions" from grumpiness to
psychological rape.  That doesn't make any logical sense either as it is highly
unlikely you would emotionally maintain such a range *in the moment* and your
post indicates only the former.  The latter feeling (which was what exactly)
would supersede.

O.K.  It is *your* experience Share, of that only you *know.*  But you have yet
to explain what it was in terms that even come close to use of the term
"psychological rape" and your posts simply don't reflect it.  You now say you
were emotionally upset and overwhelmed and lacking psychological development.
Are you trying to say that you used the term in error because of your internal
landscape at the time?  You say your POV is accurate - SHARE, WHAT IS YOUR
POINT OF VIEW ON YOUR USE OF THE TERM AT THE TIME YOU USED IT.  HOW ARE YOU
DEFINING IT WITHIN YOURSELF.  FROM AN IDEAS PERSPECTIVE, DEFINING THE TERM IS
KEY TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF WHETHER IT MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN THE
CORRECT TERM TO USE.  WHY WON'T YOU PUT FORTH AN EXPLANATION OF THIS?  IF YOU
INCORPORATE FEEDBACK AND FIND THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE ERRED, WHY IS A RETRACTION
SUCH A LOATHSOME THING TO DO?

"Retraction" can be a very useful thing.  Here, I'll  do one for you now.  "For
the record, I retract my entire paragraph speaking to cultural context of the
Roustabout song.  I had done no research when I wrote that paragraph and other
than the idea that cultural context is important in understanding lyrics, the
paragraph is garbage and was written quickly with no clear thought process
behind it.  My apologies to raunchy for posting that back to her in response to
the discussion that was unfolding.  It was representative of a thought process
that was unfolding in my head and was not germane to question of whether the
lyrics were describing a gang rape or consensual meeting "in the pines."

You may not choose to retract your statement.  But in consideration to the time
and effort that many have spent asking you to explain why you used it - you
have still not done this.  Until I understand what you mean by that term and
how you are defining it for yourself, what is the point of anything that you
are writing to attempt to resolve the issue?