> I'm sure Buck and others might have a word or two to contribute, but from
> what I remember of them, the youthful always win, and it is ironic in that
> you are correct, it is an athletic event, but treated quite seriously by the
> TM peoples as a genuine competition of who is most adept at enlivening the
> Absolute in their consciousness.
>
> As to the gender of the competition, there have never been any public
> demonstrations or competitions of women flyers cuz it would be too salacious
> for the gals to go hopping round the Domes with their boobs flopping about,

Well, women do a whole lot of things that can cause the boobs to cavort about,
including riding a horse. However, even meditating women have heard of the
'brassiere' and if things get a little wild in the mammary department they
could always don a sports bra. So, I am not sure I buy the explanation of the
impetuous breasts having a mind of their own while their owner bounces along on
a piece of impact-friendly foam that would be the reason to exclude women from
this otherwise equal-opportunity sport.

 >I mean after all Marshy had to publicly maintain the facade that he was a no
 >sex kind of guy (they started the competitions long ago when he was still
 >alive and I think there were a few he presided over) and it just wouldn't be
 >in the TM style for ladies to do such things in public.

Oh geez, sounds like the 1800's.

> So no no no! It wouldn't do to have the gals doing something that might
> incite the men folks to lust - haven't you ever seen the ridiculous so-called
> saris the Mother Divine women wear? They show a heap more flesh in India with
> the authentic ones.

No, I have not yet had the privilege to witness white women walking around in
saris in Iowa. If ever an anachronism existed this could be a favourite.