--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> I already posted why I thought the term was accurate back
> then.  You seem to have a conveniently selective ability
> to access the archives.

Well, I sure was right about not getting a straight
answer.

Heh. Share did not use the term "psychological rape"
"back then." She did not use it until eight weeks later.
I'm asking if you read *the original post of Robin's*
that she later called "psychological rape."

The first post I could find of yours on the Share-Robin
controversy (and I've quoted it a couple of times, so you
know I've seen it) was not about the initial post that
Share eight weeks later said was "psychological rape,"
but rather was in response to one from Share several days
later (in which she declared she did not "suffer or feel
insulted," nor did she think Robin was being "hurtful or
cruel"):

I could not find any posts from you in which you specifically
addressed the initial post of Robin's, made in early
September, that Share claimed (eight weeks later) had "psychologically raped"
her, nor what she had specifically objected to in that post.

(Not only that, I could find no posts from you that addressed
her "psychological rape" charge when she did get around to
making it on October 1.)

Bottom line, I can find no evidence in the archives that
you ever actually read that initial post. If there's
something I've missed, you're going to have to give me
the link, or post number, or date, or a searchable
phrase. Otherwise I'll continue to assume you never read
the post that started all this.

I did find something fun while I was looking, though--
an exchange between Curtis and Ravi:

Ravi wrote to Share:
> > I always love your support, concern, love but please don't
> > sully, taint my reputation by comparing me with Curtis who
> > is the moral leadership for all the veiled, concealed
> > misogynist, homophobic agenda on this list

Curtis commented:
> OK troll I mark this phrase out as one you have been
> repeating again and again for the purpose of hurting my
> online reputation. I challenge you to make your case for
> this charge. Tell everyone the reasons you have for
> making it about me over and over again so that they
> can decide why you are repeating this phrase on every
> post were you mention my name.

Seems like Curtis was quite concerned about his online
reputation, doesn't it? I guess he didn't feel his work
here is enough of a statement about what he is about for
Ravi's description of him to be no more than a tiny blip
on his body of work.

I didn't look any further to see whether Ravi gave his
reasons for calling Curtis a misogynist homophobe. But
Share has never provided an explanation for why she
considered Robin's post "psychological rape" despite
repeated requests. You'd think Curtis would have wanted
to see one before declaring it "apt," but apparently not.

So Curtis has presumably not seen the post that generated
Share's "psychological rape" charge, nor has he seen any
explanation for why Robin's post justified it. Yet he has
staunchly and repeatedly defended Share's use of the term.

I find that remarkable. I guess if I had been a philosophy
major, I could come up with a way to work in a question
about Curtis's epistemology in this situation, but I
wasn't, so I won't try.

Oh, I almost forgot. Notice that Curtis hasn't
acknowledged or retracted his false accusations about me
made in the exchange below: