Share,

One scientist has made a theoretical model showing that a warp drive can propel
a spaceship in excess of light speed.  It works by expanding space-time, thus
it would not violate the speed limit for light.

But, so far, none knows how to build such a machine.  Without such a drive, it
would be almost impossible for humans to get to the nearest habitable exoplanet.

If you're interested in a longer discussion of this idea, you should watch
Leonard Susskind's lecture on Cosmology.  It's a fascinating subject.

JR