--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson <mjackson74@> wrote:
> >>
> >> A: I have no good intentions where meditation is concerned.
> >>
> >> B: It is arrogance typical of people who think only TM is an effective
> >> spiritual practice to think TM is the only effective spiritual practice.

> I have known many within the TM movement that felt TM was superior to
> anything else, primarily it would seem because that is what Maharishi told
> them. Many go through a phase like this when new to spiritual stuff. As I do
> not have much contact with a large number of TM meditators now, I cannot say
> if these views have shifted over the years. From a practical side, do
> whatever works for you, dump whatever does not. Sometimes just sitting and
> pondering a subject deeply can lead to insight and transcendent experience.
> Sometimes just sitting silently and lightly noticing the breath does the
> same, or lightly starting a mantra. Being in certain situations can lead to
> transcendence, such as imminent death and you do not die through luck. Some
> are devotional to a cause or a teacher. And if you are not interested in
> spirituality, you do not gravitate to any of these things. Spiritual
> meditation could be arbitrarily broken into two categories - formal
> meditation and informal meditation. Formal meditation is when you are doing a
> technique; informal is the rest of the day where your life has a general
> direction toward a spiritual resolution (enlightenment) - nothing forced,
> just a persistent orientation. In my experience, progress is slow if you just
> practice a technique and think it is going to save your ass.

Basically there are two forms of meditation, those that strenghten the
individual, the personal meditation and those that strenghten the collective
and serves as a group service activity. It has already been established that
Transcendental Meditation is the most effective in strengthening the
individual. Taking a quick glance at the wast numbers of studies support this
claim as does the verification from a large number of luminaries in the field
of development of consciousness, Saints, Gurus and Teachers. Maharishi further
claimed that TM also strengthens the collective via the individual, a field in
which research is still in it's infancy.

A meditation that strenghtens the collective, but is not a personal meditation
and thus do not interfere with personal meditations was given to the world by
the Master of Benjamin Creme and is called Transmission Meditation. Research
into the effectivness of this method belongs to the new science of the Age of
Enlightenment and light on the importance of this method will be brought
forward when the Hierarchy of the Masters of Wisdom begin Their open mission in
the world, particularily with the revival of the old Mystery Schools that will
be established around the world in due course. More information on Transmission
Meditation is found here:

http://shareintl.org/background/xmission/tm_main.htm