 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Cable Blowup

Because dumb studio execs aren't greenlighting good movies.  They hold a
low opinion of the American people and seek dumbed down projects to get
the broadest market.  Most A-List actors might prefer working on a low
budget independent film that challenges their skills but then there is a
business decision to be made.   I watch very few big Hollywood films.  I
prefer foreign and independent film where they feel if they make a good
movie then people will want to see it.

BTW, I was thinking about my taste in movies and ayurveda.  I recalled
reading somewhere that pitta types shouldn't be watching violent or
horror films because they are too stimulating.  Aha, I like those kinds
of films because they are kapha balancing.  In fact I started thinking
about how I dislike some filming styles. A lot of network TV is shot
very kapha like apparently to act as a drug to calm vata.  They probably
don't know in terms of ayurveda what they are doing just that it has a
more calming or drug like effect.  And as we know younger folks are in
their kapha period so like more stimulating things.

BTW, since the majority of westerners, including myself, have a pitta
kapha constitution I was thinking about a tea or infusion for that mix.
I only found one web site that sold a tea for pitta kapha.  The ingredients:
spearmint, hibiscus, rose, alfalfa, red clover, fennel

All those calm both pitta and kapha. So I thought it should be easy to
run out and get the ingredients there I don't have.  Think again, maybe
10 years ago or many still in Fairfield but most of the health stores
around here no longer have bulk herbs.  I called one store I know that
does have some but they only had one of the herbs I needed (hibiscus) in
bulk.  Perhaps if I made a trip to one of the two Whole Foods in the
area (probably Lafayette since I don't like the location of the Walnut
Creek store) I might find these.  That's a bit much bother so will
probably just order the tea.  BTW, Celestial Seasoning's "Red Zinger"
has similar properties.