On 05/11/2013 07:14 AM, azgrey wrote:
> Check this out.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/singhfarms
>
> It's about 3 or 4 miles from my home.
>
> 50 cents for gorgeous artichokes right from the field. $5 a dozen.
>
> Got there a bit late last week and the arts were kinda picked over so they
> gave me a knife and a bag and let me go harvest my own. When I finished they
> had closed up the cashier so they told me to just stop by the next week to
> pay. Bumper crop.

Great!  That's a good price.  I picked up a couple jumbos at Trader Joes
for 99 cents each.  Snob Hill is overpricing at two for $5. Sweet corn
is starting to show up.  Unfortunately most all of it is probably GMO
(damn Monsanto).  At the farmer's market there are strawberries from
Watsonville at $4 a basket but I buy at another booth which has
Brentwood vine ripened strawberries for $2 a basket.  The Watsonville
price used to be $2 a basket.  It was owned by a woman who had her
nieces and nephews sell berries at the farmer's markets.