> Want to know why I'm so shameless, Ravi?  Because I've figured
> out some time ago that shaming, shaming and more shaming is how
> Fundamentalists of all ilks try to control people when they have
> failed to and or continue to fail to control people by using
> force.

Notice what Share is doing here: attempting to shame
those she calls "Fundamentalists."

> Best read up on it, Ravi.

Read up on what, Share? Where?

> Guilt about mistakes and an overall sense of responsibility
> are healthy. OTOH, shame is an unhealthy belief that something
> is fundamentally wrong with one's self.

However, if there *is* something "fundamentally" wrong with
one's self, it's healthier to recognize it so one can attempt
to heal it.

"Shameless," BTW, is generally considered a pejorative.

> Therefore, the inability to be shamed is currently thought
> to be

By whom?

> a sign of emotional and psychological and spiritual maturity.

But of course it can *also* be a sign of the inability or
unwillingness to face the reality that there is, in fact,
something wrong with one's self. Sociopaths are notoriously
incapable of feeling shame.

On the other hand, one may be inclined to wonder about
a person who boasts about how "shameless" (and thus presumably
how emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually mature
she is) while at the same time seeking out one healer after
another. Doesn't really seem consistent somehow. Sounds more
like someone who knows, on some level, that there *is*
something wrong with her self, something she's very much
ashamed of but can't bring herself to own up to.

> And when Fundamentalists of all ilks get really desperate to
> control people, they bring out the biggest shaming topic of
> all. Can you possibly guess what that is?  Simply consider
> what all the religions get most rabid about, what they most
> want to shame people about, abut which they attempt to exert
> the most control.

Actually not all the religions try to shame people
about sex. But it's interesting that this is what you
see in them.

I've noticed that some people will act all indignant when
they're being criticized and will accuse the critic of
trying to "shame" them, because that sounds more
objectionable than the more neutral term "criticize." It's
the same thing Share tries to do in her first paragraph
above, and of course it's an attempt to shame the critic,
as well as suggest that the criticism is unwarranted.

> Last but not least, Fundamentalists of all ilks have themselves
> been so severely shamed, that they themselves turn to shaming
> others in an attempt to salvage their damaged sense of well
> being. IMHO.

Share, you are talking about yourself here. IMHO.