TM is taught in its own context. I visited a Cathedral in Puerto Vallarta
recently, and the altar was beautiful, soaring columns and arches, although
there for everyone to see, was Christ hanging on a cross, with thorns on his
head, dying of torture. Makes the Puja seem awfully tame in comparison, don't
you think?

Funny thing, I had a large (3' x 5') beautiful painting of a puja, from Bali,
above the family dining room table, for as long as I can remember (now hanging
in my LR). Also an intricate wooden carving of Saraswati (also Balinese) on the
mantle, and a brass Krishna, with ivory eyes, nearby.

Weird? Where did you grow up, on a military base, or something? ;-)