> I like this one better - the Ultimate Arrogant Bullshit TM
> My-Nose-Is-Permanently-Aimed-Toward-The-Sky-Cause-I'm-So-Much-More-Refined-Than-You
>  Indulgence.
>
> http://coherenttimes.wordpress.com/gold/
>
> And they even include more TM vacuous supercilious claims they never back up
> with facts:

A fool and his money are soon parted. All the correct buzzwords are
there though; ancient wisdom, modern science, perfect health.

"Eating with the Pure Gold Spoon is said to enliven the 7 to 8 drops of "Ojas"
in the heart. This increases happiness, improves digestion and has beneficial
effects to the heart, brain and nervous system."

Chuckle. Caveat emptor and all that...

> To enable the cutlery to be used on a practical daily basis, the hardness
> and strength of the gold has also been increased to the region of 18ct
> gold, whilst retaining the purity of 24ct gold. With this new technology we
> can now offer solid gold, or gold coated cutlery and eating
> utensils."

So they dilute gold to 18 carat while preserving its purity?

I'm intrigued, I suspected I know the person behind it and after
a google, found out I do. He used to have a room in the same
corridor from me at HQ and used to conduct his electroplating
experiments at all hours, occasionally producing a spoon or
amrit kalash pot. I was impressed that he taught himself the
whole thing from scratch.

But I hope he doesn't sell any as I hate to think of people
getting ripped off. But OTOH if you really want a gold spoon who
am I to complain? I'd hate to deny people: youthfulness, long life, freedom
from disease, increased physical power, strength of all the sense organs, good
concentration, detachment from problems, freedom from psychosomatic
disturbances and the experience of bliss!

Here's an advert from the Grauniad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003/aug/31/alternativeinvestment.homesandgardens

I say "advert" because the author of the piece is a TM teacher.

It aint what you know, it's who you know.....