I'd recommend dropping about $300.00 for two lower bowl seats to a low
profile game with someone you like and who has a curiosity about the
game to see if it has any interest.  On the other hand, I really
wouldn't think of dropping that amount for a pro basketball game even as
a curiosity.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Chivukula wrote:

> Well yeah, though I have never watched an entire game I have seen
highlights on ESPN Sports center so I think I am aware of those aspects
of Ice Hockey.

> Anyway I will respond after work and you can skip it and read it
tomorrow.

> On May 15, 2013, at 4:59 PM, "seventhray27" steve.sundur@... wrote:
>
> > Hey Ravi, I'm in a happy mood right now. Can't even think about
entertaining any kind of negativity. Sports-fan Syndrome? Have to think
about that. Can't say that I am that big of a sports fan. Yes, I do like
hockey, perhaps because I often get free tickets, and my boys both play
inline hockey. (quite a step down in prestige, and yes, expense, from
ice hockey, but fun nonetheless)

> > But hockey fans are a somewhat different breed of sports fan. I
mean, players are out on the ice for about 90 seconds in a full sprint,
rest for a two or three minutes, then out for another 90 second sprint.
Unless they get in a fight of course.

> > And the glass separating the fans from the players is about 5/8's of
an inch thick.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Chivukula wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Steve. This is fair enough that you think we are good
writers, steadily, stealthily trying to ferret out the truth one's not
willing to acknowledge. So I have nothing to be wary of Robin then - you
made it seem something sinister by referring to Robin and I was afraid
you were going to come up with one or more of the following -

> > > 1) Ravi is a fundamentalist trying to use shame to control others
(Share)
> > > 2) Ravi suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Barry)
> > > 3) Ravi is processing undirected anger to make up for his
emptiness (Barry)
> > > 4) Ravi is indulging in incoherent rants (Curtis)
> > > 5) Ravi indulges in word-salad indicative of disassociation
(Curtis)

> > > You, my friend are in a very better shape than I imagined -
clearly in a better, healthier frame of mind - emotionally,
psychologically than Share, Barry and Curtis.

> > > Anyway I officially have a diagnosis for you - "The Sports-fan
Syndrome". I will get to that in your other email.

writer. I think you are good writer. I mean it's remarkable what
proficiency you have in a language that is not your mother tongue.

expressions you use, but more importantly, in your overall philosophy.
You know, this notion, this perceived ability to ferret out the truth of
what a person may be unwilling to acknowledge. This ability to know if
what they are saying is properly aligned with reality.

Robin's influence