> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > Ann, surely unintentionally, turq is teaching me how to
> > love those who are indifferent to me. Big valuable lesson
> > so I'm grateful. So easy to love those who love and or
> > hate us! Reading his scathing posts while remembering
> > the photo of him holding infant Maya, I conclude he's
> > the happiest curmudgeon I've ever known, thus an enigma.
> >
> > Now I'm laughing as I remember that today is my first
> > FFL anniversary.
>
> Ann, although my intention is *never* to try to teach
> anybody anything, if there were anything I was trying
> to get across here on FFL, that issue might be a
> candidate. I tire of the abject NEEDINESS of some
> FFL participants, and how offended and panicky they
> seem to get when people *are* indifferent to them,
> or don't respond to them.

You keep saying this Barry, and I have never seen one instance of this. Who, in
god's name, are you actually talking about here? If you mean that Robin was
hurt or disappointed or whatever it is you think he was about Curtis not
answering some 5 part posting that is all I can think of. But for the life of
me you are making this up about all these people getting "panicky" and
"offended". Who? What? How do you define "neediness"? Anyone bothering to
participate here is wanting something from the activity - even if it is just a
good laugh.

> I admit to not getting it. If I want social interaction,
> I go out and hang with real-life friends. I don't
> depend on some pathetic cybersimulation of socializing
> to get "feedback" or "interaction."

PLEASE! And who doesn't do this who posts here? You have no idea what anyone's
personal lives are offline. Just as I can't assume you have no friends you can
hardly make the assertion you did above and actually think it true (can you?!)

> Do I have a lack of tolerance for those who *are* so
> NEEDY, and can't seem to go more than a few hours
> without trolling for attention?

Barry, you post as much as anyone here so what category does that put you in?
And since you admit to loving to "push people's buttons" how does that relate
to trolling?

> You betcha. But do I
> try to "teach" them anything? No way. I just withhold
> from them that which they seem to seek the most, my
> attention, and allow them to react to that however
> they want.

Well, thanks for the freedom. What do you mean "allow"? How could you disallow
it? And, oh great withholder, I don't think you are capable of giving "needy"
people what they actually require (although you certainly fed Share a lot of
crap) but you are very willing and able to hand out a lot of negative,
counterproductive swill. Your feedback is virtually always to incite further
dissension between posters or to put people down. I have never, in the 15
months I have been around here, seen you add wisdom, empathy, understanding
that would engender healing or gentleness to this place.

> As for being a "happy curmudgeon," I plead guilty.
> What you and many folks don't seem to understand,
> given your lack of exposure to tantra -- the peace-
> ful coexistence of opposites -- is that someone can
> be *both*, without any problems. As for claims that
> *I* am trolling for attention, I beg to differ. I
> just write about my life.

Pshaw, no you don't. You write about others - endlessly. You are constantly
analyzing and throwing in your half a cent about what motivates, animates,
compels everyone here to do what they do.

> Those who feel that I must
> either lie about it or embellish it to make it sound
> more interesting simply must not have much of a life
> themselves, to think that.

Another sweeping statement based on nothing and irrelevant to the subject at
hand. Nobody's talking about your little stories about cafes and walking on the
canals. Those are good reading, most of the time. No one is asking for
embellishment. Where did you get that?

> I yam what I yam, as Popeye used to say. I don't
> really give much of a shit what other people think
> of what I yam.

We've heard that a million times. What that statement actually means or
signifies I am not interested enough to wonder about. I also would question the
truth of it.

> Happy anniversary...

It's not my anniversary but thanks anyway. (oh, I see that you probably thought
you were responding to Share, even though you addressed me at the top.) Thanks
for the writing prompt.