--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > Someone on Batgap forum said that the ten bulls concept was recently
> > mentioned in a Batgap interview:
> >

> > http://www.laetusinpraesens.org/docs10s/images/geozero_files/ten_texts.jpg
>
> Am I the only one seeing the irony/humour/double meaning in this one?

That was funny Ann.

The Ten Bulls, or alternately, the Ten Ox Herding Pictures are Zen Buddhism's
equivalent of Maharishi's 'Seven States of Consciousness' in that they
illustrate the progression to enlightenment, though in a rather different
conceptual world from the TM movement's view. There are actually two different
versions of these images, one ends with the empty circle and has a few
different images, and the other as Share posted with the man walking through
the market place. One of these versions may be a better representation of what
happens. I pick the one Share posted.

If one's experience progresses as the monk in the images, each preceding state
could be considered a level of bullshit that one has finally stepped out of.
Until the last picture, one steps into another pile after getting out of the
previous one.