--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> It doesn't contradict anything I've said about consciousness
> anyway. Placing of brain structures is well understood, it
> can be predicted what functions people will lose or have
> difficulty with after a damage to the brain.

I'm not convinced by your bravado here. On the contrary,
it seems to me that our expectations have been confounded,
not confirmed.

I am not a brain scientist (and I take it neither are you).
But here we have Scientific American:

"Neurosurgeons have performed the operation on children
as young as three months old. Astonishingly, memory and
personality develop normally."

Why do they say "astonishingly"? Or:

"Remarkably, few other impacts are seen. If the left side
of the brain is taken out, "most people have problems with
their speech, but it used to be thought that if you took
that side out after age two, you'd never talk again, and
we've proven that untrue," Freeman says. "The younger a
person is when they undergo hemispherectomy, the less
disability you have in talking. Where on the right side
of the brain speech is transferred to and what it displaces
is something nobody has really worked out."

Why do they say "Remarkably"?