> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > Yep, a functioning brain is the seat of consciousness but
> > groups like the TMO will attempt to weaken that idea for
> > their own agenda.
>
> Exactly. While I appreciate your tenacity and infinite
> patience in trying to have a rational conversation with
> irrational people, I'll stay out of it. You're having
> the discussion with religious fanatics who are not even
> defending a position they came to on their own, but one
> that was told to them by some guy wearing a white sheet,
> who they chose to believe and onto whom they project
> unwarranted wisdom.

Wow, Barry's wrong *again*. He hasn't actually read the
posts, so he isn't aware there's a nonreligious case to
be made for consciousness not being explainable on the
basis of biology.

But then, salyavin's been making the same mistake, and
he *has* been reading the posts.

Makes you wonder who the Fundamentalists are, don't it?