--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> Following, rather superficially, the recent subject of the brain's
> relationship to consciousness I have had a couple of thoughts which are not
> based on scientific evidence or objective proof of any kind.
>
> Consciousness is a characteristic of being alive, having a functioning brain
> and having a perceiver to perceive what is generated by certain activity of
> the brain. Consciousness is also present in all forms of life that possess a
> nervous system. I think it is also much more than this.
>
> I think consciousness is also very much a disembodied phenomenon which can
> exist outside of a physical body. I believe some consciousness can be
> generated by a brain but that this consciousness is energy,that also finds
> its way outside of the physical that comprises a nervous system and is set
> loose into the surrounding environment, consciousness continues b

(Shit, I just hit 'send' with my baby finger by mistake and off this little
missive flew; just like what I was talking about above when I was so rudely
interrupted by my last finger on my right hand. What just happened is a perfect
example of a human exhibiting some aspect of consciousness and then, due to an
errant pinky, off the message/post/result of consciousness flys these words
into cyberspace as a new kind of energy that re-manifests as a post in
somebody's inbox.)

Anyway, what was I saying? Something about consciousness continuing on in the
environment/atmosphere as a manifestation of energy. In this disembodied form
consciousness no longer needs a brain to exist or effect. And I believe it
could keep existing forever in this brainless/bodyless form. I certainly can
not prove this but I feel it to be right.

Consciousness is everywhere, it envelopes us all the time. I believe it to be
an integral part of what allows the universe to function - it is intelligence.
I think we are cocooned in it. We do not create it, it passes through us. We
have the receptor to know it is present (a brain) but it pre-dates us, it "is"
already, before we were and well after the current body is gone. Consciousness
possesses structure but not physical structure that we can always perceive. But
I do think the physical world is built by consciousness so there are concrete
things all around us that possess the building blocks of consciousness. (I'm
just working this out as I write, I never really thought about this like this
before so go boil some potatoes or make the bed because I am most likely
blathering here.)

Still, this is an interesting topic and if I wasn't pecking away at this on my
iPad I might want to come back to it later. I'll just sit and let a bit more
consciousness wash over me and get back to you if I figure anything else out.