> > does consciousness emerge from matter or does matter
> > emerge from consciousness? Or is something else
> > altogether happening...

salyavin:
> I've been reading about free will...
>
>From what I've read, 'free will' is an idealist
notion.

You cannot have both 'free will', and at the
same time, be determined. That would be a
contradiction in terms. And, another logical
fallacy.

Either we're free or we are bound. If we are
free, then there would is no need for a yoga
or a meditation technique. If we are bound,
the main question then becomes 'How can we
free ourselves?'

Apparently there has never been in the history
of the planet a single person that could cause
change at will.

"In philosophy, idealism is the group of philosophies
which assert that reality, or reality as we can know
it, is fundamentally mental, mentally constructed, or
otherwise immaterial."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idealism