--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck"  wrote:

> in Fairfield, It's like there has been a cultural protection or
predisposition in meditators generally against these other more
mood-making or faith-based kinds of groups encroaching very far.  It's
like the TM'ers are more scientific and immune from too much iron age
belief structures.  You know, Maharishi did study a degree in physics.
Modern science and the scientific process was after all part of his
spiritual revival.  Very 21st Century.
Dear Buck, I admire your enthusiasm, your mission, your seemingly
inexhaustible zeal. But I don't believe you for one nanosecond.
Fairfield was a typical midwest town back in the 60's and early 70's: a
town square, local horse show at the ag grounds, 4H, local teens
cruising the town square on Friday and Saturday nights round and round.
Then came MIU and the townspeople, for the most part, accepted this new
strange breed of student. They weren't like Parson's students with their
fraternities and homecoming queens but these new immigrants were
peaceful enough. Now, it is like someone turned on some sort of homing
radar device that has put out the call to every breed of saint, healer,
guru, channel known to mankind and they have descended, in droves, to
Fairfield Iowa. Why would this be? Because "there has been a cultural
protection or predisposition in meditators generally against these other
more mood-making or faith-based kinds of groups encroaching very far."?
What the hell happened since I was there in 1983? All hell has broken
loose, that's what.
> -Buck in the Dome
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" wrote:
> >

> > Kind of surprising that the Krishna's have not evangelized Fairfield
before now for as hard as they have worked the airports and
street-corners once upon a time.  The Christians have always been hoping
to try.  The Buddhists however are almost non-existent in Fairfield.
> > -Buck in the Dome

attending Hare Krishna stuff, they don't want the TMO's life abnegating
hindoo dogma to be replaced by the hary krshna's brand of life
abnegating hindoo dogma.

> > > Do the Hari's also practice a silent meditation?
> > >
> > > It is an interesting thing that for as big a movement as they are
out in the world that it took so long for them to show up in Fairfield.
Hari Om.

> > > -Buck

May 11th

Iowa that there is so much spirituality going on all the time.  'So much
to do, so little time'.  And so many choices at any moment.  I would
love to attend your kirtan and meal.  Except that I have an obligation
to attend the May Fair today at the same time.  I may drop by your
satsang afterwards for left-overs.  This is so Fairfield.

If you can not come in body, then come in mind in spirit in your

12 pm. At 1:00 we shall all enjoy a six course feast of food prepared
for
Krishna

India,

But

Krishna, the
he assured him.

brÄhmaṇa's
NÄrÄyaṇa.
Kṛṣṇaand Arjunaassented by chanting oḿ,
MahÄ-Viṣṇu.
DvÄrakÄby the same path along which they had come. There they
presented the brÄhmaṇawith his sons, who were in the same
infant bodies in which they had
totally amazed. He concluded that whatever extraordinary power a
ŚrīKṛṣṇa's
The

 Courses!

  (985) 768-7060