cardemaister:
> FWIW, wasn't it mainly morality that almost prevented
> Krishna

Which one - the baby Krishna of Brindaban, the teenage
Krishna, son of Devaki, or the warrior Krishna of
Dwarka, who had 15000 wives?

> from fulfilling his duty as a kshatriya?

Ramakrishna once remarked that he wanted to taste sugar,
not be sugar. Some devotees of Krishna actually aspire
to dress up like Radha, the divine lover.

To this end, some bhaktas in India like to dress in
women's clothing - 'saribhekis' - in imitation of
Srimati Radharani.

Thus, some of the Vaishnavas came to be called 'rasiks',
as in the 'nectar' of erotic ambrosia.

The so-called rasiks then tried to reverse engineer the
original Sahajiya Buddhist philosophical system, and
turned it upside down, calling Sri Radha the 'active'
female principle, and Krishna the 'static', in order
to represent the highest state of bliss attained by
man through maithuna, or tantric ritual coitus.

Go figure.

Not sure if this was the cause of Krishna not, or
fulfilling his duty as a Kshatriya, but I would assume
that he had sexual relations with at least a few of
his wives, as time permitted, in between fighting in
wars and other stuff.

LoL!