sparaig:
> Perhaps me meant Witnessing Dreaming?
>
> Though, I've no reason to think that an
> arbitrary dream, enlightened or no, is
> going to be more important to the waking
> state if one is enlightened or not.

A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper
is aware that he or she is dreaming.

Lucid dreaming has been researched and its
existence is apparently very well established.

According to what I've read, in the eighth
century, Tibetan Buddhists and Bonpo were
practicing a form of Dream Yoga held to
maintain full waking consciousness while in
the dream state.

One of the important messages of the book is
the distinction between the Dzogchen meditation
of Awareness and Dream Yoga.

The Dzogchen Awareness meditation has also
been referred to by the terms Rigpa Awareness,
Contemplation, and Presence. Awareness during
the sleep and dream states is associated with
the Dzogchen practice of natural light.

This practice only achieves lucid dreams as a
secondary effect—in contrast to Dream yoga
which is aimed primarily at lucid dreaming.

According to Buddhist teachers, the experience
of lucidity helps us to understand the
unreality of phenomena, which would otherwise
be overwhelming during dream or the death
experience.

SAMA Screens Film Series:

'Waking Life' (2001)
Q&A with film director Richard Linklater
San Antonio Museum of Art, May 11, 2001
http://tinyurl.com/2c7wvgc