> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > I was thinking that if a person had transcendental dreams,
> > then the solutions to problems in the waking consciousness
> > would be rehearsed and reenacted during the dream state in
> > a blissful way. He or she would then actually perform a
> > creative solution during the waking state to fix the
> > problem, whether it be in relationships or work issues.
>
> Sometimes John's cluelessness amazes me, even after
> all this time. There can never be any such thing as
> a remembered "transcendental dream," because if it
> had any attributes you can remember, it wasn't
> transcendental.
>
> If you disagree, describe a period of "transcendence"
> that you experienced in TM for me. In detail. I'll
> wait...  :-)

Okay, I'll start, but it might be a while before you hear anything, perhaps
forever, so in the spirit of anticipation, hold your breath until you hear from
me.

This tread got me thinking 'is anything transcendental'? The mind imagines that
there is a 'transcendent', but is there? Whatever we might think about the
nature of consciousness, we all have experiences, which in aggregate is just
experience. If we define experience in general, as a field, nothing happens
outside experience in general whether the experience is something like a coffee
pot, or what we call transcendence in meditation. But transcendence is not
outside experience, it is just another flavour or qualia of experience.

So it is not really outside or beyond, and hence, no transcendence, except as a
name applied with a certain slant as to meaning. That means experience is all
we have, and there is nothing else in general except this, and we have had it
all our lives. While the mind can imagine something more than this exists,
those thoughts are just within experience in general, and so do not signify
anything, other than perhaps we are crazy.