--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:

> The thing is, Barry, is you don't have to like the fact that I am enlightened
> (established in silence). It doesn't make a whit of difference to either of
> us. You don't have to like the fact that I see you, the really crappy human
> being that you are covered with.
>
> I use the word "crappy" to describe you, because the most enjoyment I see you
> get out of life is making sure others see the world through crap-colored
> glasses, as you do, sometimes tricking them, as you did with Buck, for
> example. Buck has an interesting way of expressing himself, but nothing
> called for you to set him up with the quote, the way you did, remember?
> Except that it fits your agenda – According to Barry, the world is a crappy
> place.
>
> This, then, feeds the other side of you, your hideous insecurity. When not
> engaged in telling the world how crappy everything is, you are spinning
> heroic tales about yourself. In other words, displaying the sheep-like,
> predictable behavior, of one enslaved by the small self.  On the one hand,
> you are constantly putting and pushing down others, the crappy world, as you
> incessantly describe it. On the other, you are constantly elevating yourself
> publicly, in your stories, in your context, in every way you can; the very
> definition of the small self in action, erecting a phallus to itself.
>
> This is because you have no non-attachment, TB. You spin your mind with
> coffee, dull it with alcohol, distract it with movies, and occasionally take
> it for a dance with other things. But the one thing you cannot, for the life
> of you, do, is find any silence in there. Sure, like anyone else in your
> circumstances, you can sit quietly in a room or garden, mentally masturbating
> about the quiet, your fantasies, and how you will describe them later on.
> But, again, even the peaceful surroundings bring your mind no quiet, within
> itself.
>
> You have wasted your time with your so called spiritual pursuits. None of
> them have conditioned your mind, beyond the coarseness it frequently
> displays. None of them have conditioned your heart, to love yourself, and
> perhaps extend that to others.
>
> So, you remain in crap consciousness, flinging poo, from your hole in the
> ground, trying to drag the rest of us down to your level -- perversely
> gleeful, when you nearly succeed. I'll just repeat what I said initially; you
> don't have to like the fact that I am enlightened. It doesn't make a whit of
> difference to either of us. You don't have to like the fact that I see you,
> Barry. That doesn't matter either, because this isn't at all about me.
>
> Congratulations, it is all about you.

This is an interesting post for a number of reasons. I found it very readable.
This is because, although it was hard hitting, it also felt, on some levels,
true. When a sense of truth comes through it fails to be cruel, it fails to be
petty. I don't want what you said to necessarily be true because I actually
have no agenda against Barry and some of your analysis is quite damning. I am
ready, at any moment, to let the sunnier, the more positive life-supporting
side of him (if there is one) into my awareness. There have been small glimpses
but it always seems to give way to an uglier, meaner side.

I don't really 'get' Barry. I don't really make it my mission to do so. But I
do find myself responding instinctually to many of his more negative postings.
Not because I like to beat up on people. It is because I simply can't sit by
and watch when there are blatant lies being told or gratuitous violence being
done to other posters who don't appear to deserve it.

But Doc, I have to give you credit for your post here. It does not come across
as negative which is miraculous given what you had to say. Today Judy also hit
some real nails on the head as well with regard to BW. Her posts also read true
and clear and they resounded/rang clearly.

Anyhow, welcome back for the week. Your contributions are often rich and funny
and delicious.