 From: "doctordumb...@rocketmail.com" <doctordumb...@rocketmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:02 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Barry HAS NEVER experienced enlightenment [was Re:
Free Man In Paris, v3.01]

Hi Share, Barry said something in his reply to you that is pretty confused, and
I wanted to clear it up. He states that he has, had long flashes or periods of
enlightenment. Wow, what a mess.

Just so you know, he is talking about what I call "dirty" witnessing. There is
a temporary conditioning of the mind that can be triggered by extra meditation,
fasting, etc. where one gets the feeling of being outside of oneself. This is
absolutely NOT enlightenment, and never has been. Although some silence may be
there, and the physiology mimics a state of silence, the shift in identity has
not occurred, the enlightened realization that, "I am not the small self", has
not occurred.

So Barry, contrary to his confusion has not experienced enlightenment, ever.
There are other examples of his confusion when he talks about it, but this one
is enough for now, to clearly illustrate the reality. The only way he views
enlightenment is as some sort of counter to his identity - he is afraid of it,
but doesn't have a clue what it is.