On 05/27/2013 08:51 PM, Ann wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>> Just to give you an example how deluded the rich are
> Pretty sweeping statement here. How rich is "rich"? What makes all rich
> people "deluded"? Why so angry at "rich" people? Does being "rich" change
> someone or do only assholes become "rich"? What is the antidote, becoming
> poor?

Better to just "rich" and have the rich defend themselves than say "some
rich."

How rich is "rich"? Those here who have read my posts over the years
know that I'm not talking about the millionaire down the street. The
clue was in my final statement in the post.

There used to be this term back in the 50s and 60s: "nouveau rich." That
meant people who just became rich, would often unwisely flaunt their
wealth even in a few years become "nouveau poor."  Later we called these
"yuppies."

Wealth is a responsibility.  I can change someone. And BTW, I not just
someone casting aspersions from the peanut gallery.  My own brother was
an on again off again millionaire defense contractor (so I can also be a
critic of the latter having seen it from the "inside.").  And if one
thinks I'm jealous, I did okay in the 1990s as a tech guy.

I'll talk about wealth more and billionaires when I respond to Turq's post.