I cited one article earlier.

Here's another: http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~camerer/scanecon.pdf

"neuroeconomics" is a new way of looking at how humans work with wealth and so
on. The basic idea is that just assuming that humans are rational when they
make plans is really bad science. The same people who destroyed the world
economy for a sake of a few billion, likely also love their children and
grandchildren and probably hope to meet their great-great-grandchildren if they
are lucky, and yet didn't think at all about the long-term impact of their
behavior on their own extended families, letalone the rest of the world.

Economists need to take into account human nature, not just ivory tower math
about capitalism being good, just because rational greed will maximize
everyone's economic benefits -people aren't rational, ever,, and really rich
people are irrational in different ways than non-really-rich.