That's one side of the coin - an intimate portrayal of sadistic abuse from
Amma - a person who is worshiped, adored, praised for her masochistic
skills. All that repressed energy has to show up somewhere.

I myself am very conflicted.

Here Amma has genuine mystical energy, not some emotional masturbation or
fantasies like Jim or Xeno. But she herself has not integrated it and so
she remains deluded and deceived. She was physically abused when she was
young, and she was uneducated. But the mystical energy is real, it's
tangible, it's powerful. People want messiahs to suffer for their sins and
here the narrative of the divine Mother was shoved on to her and people had
a new messiah - more masochistic than anyone had ever seen before.

If you are aware, are sensitive like me the mystical energy around her can
make you real high - you need to just for the heck of it attend one of the
evening programs when she sings. I myself still listen and sing to the
Bhajans, every week or every other week. Even though I don't need to but
I'm still attached to it, the nostalgic memories it creates - I revel in
that feeling when I feel like it.

So she serves a purpose - I wonder what would happen to the happen to the
people in her absence. She serves a genuine purpose after all - for all
these dysfunctional - emotionally, psychologically stunted people. Not that
every one fits the bill - there are healthy people, but it's not her, these
people would have been served fine anyway - regardless of which Guru they
go to. That is in a ultimate sense Amma doesn't do anything - she does more
harm than good. But what would they do in her absence, I wonder. May be
drugs, alcohol - some other paranoid delusional beliefs like aliens,
ascended masters or some other cult, Guru. Or paranoid, trollish, abusive
rants on online forums like Barry - it will manifest somewhere else.

Let the drama continue till reality withdraws its grace from it.