--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> Om son;  Fine speak, But it is important that we place
> limits on some things to protect people where there is
> a public interest.  -Buck

There is NO "public interest" in creating a climate
in which people are either discouraged from or
prevented from speaking about or dealing with the
cognitive dissonance caused by the difference between
how an organization *claims* to be and how it really
is. Or how the dogma of that organization *says* that
things work, and how things seem to really work. Or
whether the organization's *claims* about the supposed
benefits of TM (or any other technique or belief system)
actually happen.

Those who do not challenge their own assumptions or the
things they've been told to believe on a regular basis
are in a state of stasis, one that tends to perpetuate
myths and unacceptable behavior. As an example, you
continue to play the "blame game" for why the "dome
numbers" haven't "worked" as advertised, but never once
have I heard you try out as an explanation, "Uh...possibly
because the claims about the ME are not TRUE."

The "problem" with the "dome numbers" isn't that people
are no longer being paid to go there. It's that they
*had* to be paid in the first place to go there. If the
"program" were as beneficial as it was claimed to be, and
if people actually enjoyed doing it, no "stipends" would
ever have been necessary. If there had been any noticeable
and verifiable real-world benefits of people doing
"program," that too would have been noticed, and
responded to.

If you honestly want people to continue to flock to
this boondoggle, find some way to demonstrate to them
that it has value of any kind -- either to them or
to the world at large. If you cannot do so, then
don't point fingers at the "administrators" and try
to blame things on them.

Joss' speech is about *embracing* cognitive dissonance,
not ignoring it or pretending it isn't there. There
is wisdom and potential benefit in doing so. There is
none that I can see in continuing to do the same old
same old and hoping that some day it'll turn out as
advertised.

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty
is absurd."
-- Voltaire

"Re-examine all you've been told. Dismiss what
insults your soul."
-- Walt Whitman

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth."
-- Albert Einstein

"If the path before you is clear, you're probably
on someone else's."
-- Joseph Campbell