I watch so many of these films with "this ending."  Hard to suggest that it
should be watched unless I know the person enough to firstly see if they've
acquired the taste for this OMG-what-if genre.

But yeah, nicely done flick, and it handles the "why don't the white people
leave the house when shit like this is coming down?" issue pretty well -- for
my needs. I don't like to suspend too much disbelief in these paranormal
fictions.

OTOH, Cabin In The Woods should've rattled me out of the immersion we seek in
film with its wild-ass impossibilities-until-the-core-secret-is-revealed, but
it used other tools to make one "forgive" the "liberties taken" that were
effective also.

And, John Dies In The End fits right in with the above -- well done but ya
gotta love the conceits to stay inside the film's POV.

Edg