---  Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good morning Akasha:

No I was giving my overall impression merely based on my own life
experience. No I'm not a sociologist with a clipboard, nor was or am I
looking for endless argument, just discussion.

> Hi Akasha:
>
> Well not struggle. In every case of my own I was going on someone
elses  insistence, even to the point one time of paying the 50 USD
cover charge...<sigh>

> It would be an almost hilarious view of the world, if it wasn't so
sad and pathetic. Is this what relationships were meant to be? If so
this was the  Swanson TV Dinner type of relationship, sans microwave.
Reciprocity was all  based on money. Made me wonder what type
relationships this people had. Were they in a relationship? If so,
what did their partner think of all this?

> Interestingly Barry transformed his situation into one where there
was a relationship in both directions. For me, that would be a very
constructive transformation.

> Like I said, I don't  feel any great need to argue and convince you
of what are my impressions, this is (or *was*) a discussion, not a
debate or  argument. I would hope that you could find your own answers
which are what  we ultimately all have to do.

--------------

Hi Vaj

I apologize. I seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. I am all for
discussion. And sharing impressions and views.

I am also intrigued by some of the issues in this thread and feel they
  have not been fully uncovered or analyzed. Thus when various POVs
arise, I try to determine how solid it is. That is, I try to determine
if it opinion, some limited observation -- or more of a claim towards
universality. I had mistaken your points for the latter. Perhps by
tone, or my misinterpretation of such. This sparked me to try to
uncover the roots of such a claim, and to understand them. And my
nature is that I can be a bit persistent when there are unresolved issues.

I am not arguing any particular POV. Though I may try to understand an
issue by asking a lot of questions from one perspective -- later from
another. The goal is to help bring out knowledge and insight. To
deepen the inquiry. I know it can come across as combative and
obstinate sometimes, and I should work on tone and building context
in my inquireous zeal.

And I do feel there may be links to SCs and the global sex trade. And
gender power issues. My pressing of these issues was to try to pull
out whatever insights and information you had in this area. Sorry if I
sometimes seem like a dentist extracting a tooth without giving novacaine.

Akasha