Great story! I just remembered that I passed Richard Burton and Liz Taylor's
house in Puerto Vallarta, when I visited there this year. RB  was in a movie in
PV (Night of the Iguana), and she wanted to stay with him, and the town was
discovered as a getaway.

Speaking of Iguanas, they are protected there, after almost being hunted to
extinction, for food, and iPad covers (made the last one up). TV Chef/Bad Boy
de Cuisine Tony Bourdain doesn't care for them, though. A direct quote from an
episode in which he ate them, under-cooked:

"Unbelievably horrible. I just want to die.. I mean really bad. I want to dip
my head into a bucket of lye, you know, pull my eyes out of their sockets and
jump off a cliff."