> Interesting from the perspective of Lester Levenson, an American sage whose
> insights gave rise both to the Sedona Method and to the Release Technique
> organizations.  Lester taught that pride was the highest of the negative
> emotions.  His criteria was the amount of life energy available when having
> the emotion.  Pride had the most as compared to apathy which has the least
> and which he considered the lowest of the negative emotions.  After pride
> come courageousness which in his teaching is the lowest of the positive
> emotions.  Here's the scale from lowest to highest:
>
> apathy, grief, fear, lust, anger, pride, courageousness, acceptance, peace

I've always found pride to be the most interesting of emotions. From some
quarters it is absolutely reviled as a deadly sin or an indication of
despicable character. I don't think it is that cut and dried. I think pride has
two sides and I am not even convinced that the one side is that bad but I do
believe the other side is very positive.

Pride becomes problematic when it causes one to shut down because one feels
they have 'arrived' in some way. Pride can reflect a closed-ness born of the
assumption or the feeling that one has either no more to learn, to achieve, to
aspire to or to gain from opening their awareness to others and to life around
them. The negative form of pride hurts no one but the one holding onto this
prideful stance.

In the most positive sense pride can be about appreciating and loving what one
HAS achieved or given or owns or has in one's life; it can be a real reflection
of one's sense of value for any of these things. To be "proud" of something can
simply be a form of thankfulness and awareness.

Interesting that this Lester bloke puts courage right after pride though. And
how peace lies at the top of the charts. I think peach and apathy, both at the
opposite end's of Lester's spectrum, can be dangerously close in manifestation
if one is not careful.

And how transformative 'grief' can be and therefore how positive. I am just not
sure what Lester is saying here. Perhaps you could clarify Share because this
is somewhat thought provoking.