 From: John <jr_...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2013 7:34 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: FairfieldLife 'Jyotishees"

Share,

I believe that's correct.  That's one of the reasons why Rama got separated
from Sita, his wife, for a very long time.

Many years ago my TM teacher told me to read the Ramayana to understand some of
the Vedic concepts.  I told him that I've read it before as literature but not
as a primer for Vedic philosophy.

Also, Sanjay Rath stated that the Vedic literature has many embedded jyotish
concepts in the stories of the Ramayana, Bhagavad Gita, and the Srimad
Bhagavatam.  I've found a few jyotish principles in reading the Srimad
Bhagavatam.  But it would be too long to discuss them here.

In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the sutra relating to the samyama of the Moon
actually refers to knowledge of the various nakshatras in the zodiac, IMO.  The
samyama of the Sun refers to the knowledge of the various houses in the zodiac.

Nonetheless, I have the suspicion that the sutras also refer to some scientific
principles which physicists today are still discovering.  These include quantum
entanglement and the superposition of wave functions.  IMO, these are the
scientific principles that are involved in acquiring the various siddhis.

JR