--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> Dwarf Planet Astrology

Regarding your *devastating* critique of astrology...

Have you heard of/considered/understood (delete as
appropriate) Jung's concept of "synchronicity"? I
know that as a naive positivist it may be anathema -
but do you understand it?

"The positions of the heavens at a particular moment
in time, by reflecting the qualities of that moment,
also reflect the qualities of anything born at that
moment. [...] One does not cause the other; they are
synchronous, and mirror each other."
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_pa_synchro_e.htm

If there is something to astrology (if), then it is
*not* about causation, or about the *correctness* or
*completeness* of any particular astronomical system.
It is about the possibility that the *quality* of
any *significant* moment can potentially reveal
information about the state of the totality. It
could be dividing some yarrow stalks, reading some
tea leaves, tossing some coins, looking at something
significant at the point of birth...whatever. You chose.

Note the word: It is about the *Quality* of the moment
(in a Hegelian sense) that is chosen. It is an art, not
a science.