Sigh..

Context 1: MMY was asked a serious question from his perspective and gave a
serious, albeit, a very surprising answer (to him, it appeared to me).

Context 2: MMY was asked a question about personal conduct that he didn't want
to answer and gave a copout answer about how such things weren't his concern
because he never married (he's a monk, y'know)

You can read into my interpretation of events whatever you like, and obviously
you do.