--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Ann, or anyone else, how do you paste in a graphic so that it is visible? I
> have tried linking from an online site like flickr, but cannot control the
> image size, once it appears in the message (often way too big).

Ann may have better suggestions, but here's what I do.

Before you start typing your reply, above the Reply window, click "New! Compose
your message with Rich-Text Editor."

You'll be put in a different-looking reply window.

After you've typed your reply and copied the graphic into the Reply window,
look just underneath the window for a little box labeled "View HTML Source."
Click in the box, and you'll see your typed reply followed by a bunch of code.
At the end of the code you should see something like "width=500 height=280."
Those are the measurements of the graphic, I think in pixels.

Figure out approximately how much smaller you want the graphic to be,
percentage-wise. If you want it to be half the size, for example, delete the
numbers and type in new ones half as big ("width=250 height=140" in my
example). Then uncheck the little box at the bottom, and you should go back to
the Reply window with the graphic half the size. (You want to preserve the
proportions of the graphic, so reduce each measurement by the same percentage.)

Various things can go wrong--sometimes those measurements don't appear, I don't
know why. Sometimes the graphic shows up just fine in the Reply window but
doesn't show up in the post. But the above works for me most of the time.