--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > I wanted to let you know how grateful I am to you for
> > calling my attention to Feser's blog a couple months
> > ago, after he'd fallen off my radar screen. I'm in the
> > process now of beefing up my rudimentary philosophy-
> > of-religion background with his assistance (i.e., via
> > his many posts on the topic).
> >
> > Currently I'm working my way through a looooong post
> > on the Cosmological Argument related to his series of
> > 10 posts annihilating Rosenberg's "Atheists' Guide to
> > Reality." He's a really good explainer of this stuff.
> > I have to keep looking up terms, but so far I've been
> > able to follow him without too much trouble, and I'm
> > having a wonderful time.
> >
> > It'll probably take me a month or so to go through
> > everything he's posted along these lines (plus read
> > all the articles and posts of others he links to)--
> > I've really just gotten started as of yesterday--and
> > I may have to get a book or two of his as well. But
> > it's such a delight to see him take apart the
> > incompetent arguments of (many of?) the New Atheists.
>
> What is a "new" atheist, are there new ways of not
> believing in things?

Hmm, interesting that you aren't familiar with the
term. At first I thought perhaps that was because
it was only well known in the U.S., but it turns out
it was *coined* in the U.K.:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/12/richard-dawkins-issue-hitchens

http://tinyurl.com/8pelmyq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_atheism

> And does he therefore have proof there is a god?

Same old arguments. The problem with the New Atheists
appears to be that they've never studied the arguments
of classical theism and have rebutted only various
comic-book versions.

> Do post a link so we the curious can have a read.

Here's a roundup with lotsa links:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/classical-theism-roundup.html#more

http://tinyurl.com/l6r799h

Here's one detailing Feser's progression from cradle
Catholic to atheist and back to Catholicism:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/07/road-from-atheism.html

And another roundup, including the series of 10 posts
on Rosenberg's "Atheist's Guide to Reality" that I'm
in the middle of now:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2012/05/rosenberg-roundup.html

And many others.

Enjoy!