I put a small decorative pond (100 gallons or so) in my yard, with a fountain.
Love it, except mosquitos lay eggs on the water, constantly. My previous effort
to eradicate them, has been by spraying the larvae with ammonia - Windex, which
evaporates quickly. But that is only good for the ones I can see. I didn't want
to poison the water, because it has become a drinking source for small animals
and birds.

Then I read about this bacteria, called BTI, which is time released from these
donut looking things, and only toxic to mosquito larvae, and biting fly larvae.
Tried it two days ago and voila, no more skeeters, and no harm to anything else.