On 9/15/05 6:51 PM, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But a lot of the posters here already use
> pseudonyms (including yourself).  This
> shouldn't be an obstacle.

If we lived in a world of honest people, but you know as well as I do that
there are people who love to "out" others.

You may not be aware, but nowadays if you apply for a job in some
professional capacities, your employer does a background search on you. This
may involve a private detective. An essential part of this type of
investigation is software which searches the net for references to your name
and examines activity under the name. All judge, no jury. In such a case,
you will sign papers that allow this as a prerequisite for the job! Sign or
no job...

Now imagine someone coming out of college or someone mid-career--would they
risk speaking their mind? I've talked to younger members of my family who
were told this in college (they are both recent graduates). Leave no
footprints. That's the message, that's the reality.