salyavin wrote: Funny thing is it doesn't matter if the people doing a
treatment believe it or not or if the patient knows it's a placebo or not, it
always comes out more or less the same way. Bizarre. Share replies: salyavin,
are sure you're in the science camp?! I say, if it ALWAYS comes out the same
way, then there's a scientific explanation. Right? Some area of the brain that
always get enlivened? Some neurotransmitter that ALWAYS gets released? Wouldn't
this be a valid avenue of scientific inquiry?

And replying again to your bit about a person holding very contradictory ideas
in their noggins. IMHO this is the rich area for research, exploding noggins
notwithstanding. This might even be a way at the "hard problem" ha ha.

Interesting story about Derren Brown and his off the street faith healer. I
guess bottom line for me is we're just beginning to understand how the brain
functions in all its different modalities such as believing and thinking and
being prejudiced, etc. I might have to come back as a neuroscientist. And then
again as a geologist (-:

Replying to another post: yep, walking under a full moon is supposedly good for
pitta types. Could be fairly easy to test.

Replying to yet another post: I wonder if
 Sally Morgan the psychic *knew* she'd win the court case.

Referring to another post: I have no trouble following your lines of reasoning.