 From: authfriend <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:40 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: compassion

> My guess is we've all done wrong and or stupid stuff at some point
> in our lives including lying and physically hurting others even
> those we love. So I vote for pragmatic and universal compassion.
> Just to be clear, by pragmatic compassion I don't mean the allowing
> of abuse. I mean something along the lines of hate the wrong doing,
> have compassion for the wrong doer but don't allow them to continue
> wrong doing.

I guess you're not talking about FFL, then, huh? Unless
you have some magical formula that prevents wrongdoers
from continuing their wrongdoing.

As to "physically hurting others," I suggest you speak for
yourself. My own guess is that most of us have managed to
avoid physical violence, to those we love as well as to
those we don't.